Saturday, November 17, 2012
The Berkeley City Club
In 1929, Julia Morgan designed the Berkeley Women's City Club, the collective vision of its 4000 female members: Lush gardens and courtyards provided sanctuary. A library and roaring fireplace brought great friends and conversation together. An invigorating pool enlivened body and spirit. More than a building, the Women's City Club fulfilled dreams. Today, the Berkeley City Club is a private club for both men and women, and a meeting place for Berkeley's arts and culture community. Morgan's "little castle" has been renovated and is an exciting destination hotel for architecture-lovers and a favorite venue for weddings and special occasions. More than a building, the Berkeley City Club continues to inspire friendships, celebrate beauty and nourish dreams.